HOW IT WORKS
By paying close attention to anatomical details and the alignment of each posture, Iyengar Yoga is the practice of precision. Poses are held for long periods and often modified with props. This method is designed to systematically cultivate strength, flexibility, stability, and awareness, and can be therapeutic for specific conditions.
WHAT MAKES IT UNIQUE?
Iyengar Yoga focuses on three aspects: alignment, sequencing and timing.
- Alignment means maintaining the intended pose while respecting the body’s boundaries. Iyengar yoga encourages the use of props to assist students within an asana without putting them at risk of injury. Effective alignment can then help to achieve balance between body, mind and breath.
- Sequencing refers to the order that the postures are practiced to enable a safe and structured progression of the poses, along with the ‘opening’ and balance of the physical and emotional body.
- Timing: Iyengar yoga poses are held for longer periods of time. When stability has been achieved in a pose, it’s then possible to safely intensify the depth of the posture. This helps to help develop strength and flexibility, along with sensitivity and aware ness between the body and mind.
When stability has been achieved in a pose, it’s then possible to safely intensify the depth of the posture.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- SUN SALUTATIONS
- IYENGAR YOGA SESSION
We are all unique and in Recharge Rooms we strongly believe that only private 1-to-1 sessions give you the most benefits since they are tailored for your personal needs. All sessions are led by highly experienced personal trainers and designed to reach individual goals. Noticeable results can be seen after only 4 sessions or less depending on your lifestyle.
You can combine Iyengar Yoga with any other sessions in Recharge Rooms. We have showers, bar and a café, so you can easily spend in Recharge Rooms the whole day.
We have specially tailored packages for any taste. You can find them in our Recharge Packages section.
BENEFITS OF IYENGAR YOGA
A regular Iyengar practice can help to:
- improve physical and psychological health
- alleviate postural/structural problems
- release emotional tension
- increase focus and concentration
- increase your energy
- reconnect with your body and breath
- bring intelligence and clarity to all parts of the body and mind.